Restrictions After Surgery
- Avoid lifting anything over 20 lbs. for two weeks (Children, groceries etc.).
- Avoid lowering your head below the level of your heart (ie. Bend at your knees and not your waist).
- Avoid water sports or swimming for two weeks.
- You can have a shower but do not get the operated eye wet. Avoid getting water or soap into the operated eye.
- You can wash your hair by tilting your head backward like at the hairdresser’s.
- You can wear sunglasses to help with the glare from the sunlight.
- Certain sport activities need to be avoided (ie. bowling, swimming) for a certain time. Please discuss any activities you would like to participate in with the doctor.